Frequently Asked Questions
+ What is a locum?
A locum is a person who temporarily fulfills the duties of another. For example, a locum physician is a physician who works in the place of the regular physician when that physician is absent, or when a hospital/practice is short-staffed. These professionals are still governed by their respective regulatory bodies, despite the transient nature of their positions.
+ Who can use the Job4Locum platform?
Job4Locum is built to service the locum needs of both doctors and clinics/hospitals.
+ What are the criteria in becoming a Job4Locum user?
- Doctors need to have a Medical Qualification and Annual Practicing Certificate (APC) from the Malaysia Medical Council.
- Clinics/Hospitals may require a Clinic’s License.
+ Is there a membership fee?
- There is no fee for doctors.
- There is a very reasonable fee charged to clinics/hospitals.
+ Can you guarantee a locum’s attendance?
We are unable to give you 100% assurance on the attendance of a locum. (Some things are beyond our control.) However, we take careful precautions to ensure the locums are in a comfortable position to fulfil his/her session.
+ What happens if a locum is late?
Job4Locum has embedded geolocation features into the platform which enable our admin staff to keep track of locums' arrival times, and will update the clinics/hospitals on the estimated time of arrival.
+ How do I know the locum is not a bogus doctor?
We impose very strict screening processes on all applications before accepting doctors or clinics/hospitals as users. This is how we maintain a very high-quality database of doctors and clinics/hospitals.
+ How do I post locum jobs on the system?
It involves three simple steps:
- Register as a Locum or a Clinic/Hospital.
- Once approved, you may search/list locum jobs on the calendar, and continue to make bookings.
- You will be notified whether your booking for locum jobs have been accepted or rejected.
+ Can other healthcare professionals such as dentists, pharmacists or nurses use Job4Locum?
- Currently, our system is catered for doctors and clinics/hospitals only.
- We plan to open up the platform to other professionals in the future, and will inform you once we are ready to expand it. Please register your interest here.